Monday, August 3, 2009

A Visit to Ti-Ratana

02/08/09
this is a special day where we, the MSK committee members and the participants, paid a visit to the Ti-Ratana orphanage and old folks home. There were a lot of changes and uncertain circumstances happened before the trip. Pei Wen and I were very worry about it. However, with the blessings from the Buddha, everything done smoothly and successfully.
I went out from my college at around 9.30a.m. with Rui Jie and Meng Choo. We went to SS2 to collect the cakes for the children and went to SS17 to take our things. Then I went to take a car from Yue Yin. She borrowed us her car. So, i have to drive it back to UM. This is the first time I drive Proton Waja. This is also the first time i drive an auto-gear car. Last but not least, this is the first time I drive out campus. Haha..so many first time. I was quite nervous at first, i did manage to overcome it and drive steadily and safely back to UM. Phew...Finally. Haha..
Then, we departed from the bus stop in UM by a bus from Ti-Ratana at around 11a.m. It took us around half an hour to reach Ti-Ratana which situated in Desa Petaling. Once we reached there, we approached Christine, the person in-charge in Ti-Ratana. We went to the old folks home first before we further to orphanage because the children were having their Sunday School in Maha Vihara Briekfield. So, we went to the old folks home and have a warm and caring chit-chatting session with all the old folks there. At first, I did not know what to talk to the old folks. I just looked around and tried to find some old folks that have no people talk to them. I saw one uncle, he was sleeping on his bed. When it's time for lunch, he woke up. No one trying to serve him. I made a move forward and asked him whether he need me to help him to take his food? He said, no, thanks, i have taken my lunch. He asked me where am I from and we started our conversation. He told me he was just came three days ago. He committed suicide, but not successful. He had depression and his sister does not have the ability and is weak in mentally to take care of him. So, she decided to let him stay in Ti-Ratana. He told me that he do not want to burden his sister,so he stay here. But now, he felt so undecided whether want to go home or want to stay. He felt so confused. He wish to go home and help his sister and yet if he go home, he will become a big burden for his sister as he is having very serious depression right now. He told me one thing, doctor told him that his sickness can recover and it depends 50% on medicine and 50% on himself. I told the uncle, :"uncle, now u depend 50% on medicine, 50% on yourself. Later on, depend on yourself 60%, 70% and finally 100%. " He smile. Finally, he smile. I told him that he look so handsome once he smile. He smile even broader. This is the first time I will feel that i want to come back and help this uncle when i visit to old folks home. This is really the first time. I do hope i can go back again in some day. I hope so..
After we visited old folks home, we had our lunch which we prepared in the multipurpose hall at Ti-Ratana. I started to set up the things for the party later on. When the children came back from Sunday school and finish taken their bath, they came into the hall. I was expecting the children will be very cute and well-disciplined. Well, there was a bit out of my expectation. Some of them are cute and very helpful. However, some they really naughty and they only listen to Christine, who they called her as Mummy. I really respect Christine as she can manage those children and they respect her so much. She did not scold them but they listened to her. She is really great! After the party and games with all the children, the party ended. We cleaned the hall and in the same time, i went to distribute all the presents which were left over to all the old folks. I saw the uncle again. He was smiling. I felt so nice and he said thanks to me. I felt so warm.
UNCLE, You Must Take Good Care of Yourself and You Can Do IT!!!
tonight, i have done something that i have never do before. I have done it...~~This is the uncle that i have been mentioned just now. Isn't him look nice when he smile???

1 comment:

J-Co said...

Yup, gambateh kundasai, kc ^.^

Who is K@i ChuR....I am who I am...

My photo
Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia
幸福来自于奉献.