Wednesday, November 26, 2008

DYC 2008

Wow…has been a very long time I didn’t upload my news on blog. Was busy with 16th DYC since I back from UM last Monday. Though it’s quite tired. It’s a great experience for me. This is the first time I become a mentor in Youth camp. I was the mentor of children camp before. So, this is a quite new experience to me. To handle a group of youth is totally different from controlling a group of children. Thus, I have learnt a lot this time and gained a lot of new experiences.
The 16th Dhamma Youth Camp (DYC) started from 19 Nov 2008. The day before, we, as the committees entered the camp earlier to do some preparation before camp and meeting too. I came back to this camp is because they lack of manpower. I grew up from this camp. I started to keep in touch with Buddhism from this camp. So, I am back to serve in this camp. This is the first time I become a mentor. It’s quite a challenging task for me. Apart from want to serve in DYC, I come back to this camp is to support my dear friend, Siew Ling who used to have us as a team to work together. But this time, she work alone. So, we come back and support her.
Well, the first day of the camp. As usual, 1st day usually is the coldest day among the other days of the camp. I tried to break the ice among my group members. I actually did it. My group members started to warm up after the talent night preparation time. I was so glad that they have warm up. That’s what I hope and what I want to see. I am lucky enough to get a group of youths that can mix around easily. Yes, that’s indeed a good experience for me as I am the mentor for the first time. The program for the first day, well, kind of boring. Started from the “Am I a Buddhist” it’s a boring thing which repeated from years to years. I have heard all those things for 6-7times repeatedly. Wow..i can imagine, why those participants don’t like it at all. Then, we have dynamics1 where Hoay Hoay conducted a game of team building. But those participants were still young and not matured yet. So, they couldn’t get the hidden meaning. They just complained that it was too boring…Well; happy time came at last, LUNCH time... Have a long time never have my lunch in PBHP. So nice, aunties cooking still the same. So tasty. Haha...Then, we have our talent night preparation 1 Lucky, my asst. Mentor, Joo Keat helped me a lot in the preparation, so I just have to tell them what to do and train those singers. Life so easy…Then, Sports and Games in the Dhammachaka hall. Well, this time is the bidding contest where every group is given RM10000000 as their money. They have to bid for the item that they want with the money provided. Well, I considered it as a fun game but the hidden meaning not really reach to those participants yet. What a waste… Well, photo shooting section. It took quite a long time. Yet, the photo is nice. Berbaloi… Then, followed by the opening ceremony. Very nice and touched by the talk of Rev. Thank you Rev. I have learnt a lot from the talk. Night time, ya, it’s time for sharing. Glad that my group members tried their very best to speak in English. Night time. Meeting going on for the committee. Phew…1 day over.
The second day, nothing special but I do learn a lot from the slots which conducted by Bro. Oh and Dr. Tan. These slots really gave me a lot of inspirations. Hmm…the most happening is the safe n sound workshop which conducted by Bro. Victor Ooi and friends who came all the way long from Kedah. I learnt a lot of self-defense technique from this slot. And crap a lot of joke too…haha…They are such a great team. We have nothing to give them as a sign of appreciation, we just performed an action dance which we learnt this afternoon—Gemuruh. Guess they enjoyed it very much. However, while doing the action dance, me, the lead dancer, who stand in front was caught with a shock when one of the “funniest” committee member appeared in front of me out of sudden. Haha….guess those committee who stand with me will know who is he.
Third day, the highlight of the camp-- The talent nite. Well, I was hoping someone to come and support. But he did not turn up. Haiz…what a sad thing… I really hope to see him just once. Just to know that he is supporting me. But, I search from high and low; I could not find his face. What a disappointment. Anyway, my group, Kondanna did a great job that night and won 2nd runner up. I was so happy…Within so little time, they managed to do so. I am so happy and glad of them…Kondanna the best!!! They have put in their effort to do their best. I still remember when Angie managed to utter out the line “confirm,3 times confirm plus 2 years waranthy” I clapped my hand and tears shed in my eyes. We have practiced that for thousands of times but can’t make it at all. When on stage, she managed to do so. So happy. Kondanna really the best.
The forth day. The last night in the camp. In the morning, we have a treasure hunt. Well, I was in charge in YB’s group. I have to take care of them. They have to go to the Rumah Mesra. One of the old folk’s home in Teluk Intan. Once I stepped into the old folks’ home, I was attracted to a grandmother who sit near the main entrance. I chose her to chit chat with. After some time, my “kai leong” or god mother came. She was surprised to see me there and me too. She asked me, how do I know that her mother is here. I was shocked when I knew that the grandmother that I talked with just now is my god grandmother. Oh My Godness. I could not recognize her as she grew thinner and she become so old already. I can’t believe my eyes. So, I have a long chat with my god mother and my god grandmother. I did massage for her. Hope she can go back to her house soon. Once she can walk, she can go back. PoPo, jia you!!! Then, we have our treasure hunt. Well, have a lot of fun but tired. Once we reached PBHP, we have a nice nap together in the Dhamachakka hall. Then, we have our cooking time. Yea, though I didn’t help much in this programme as I was having a great migraine and I slept in my room. My group managed to cook a great tomyam fried rice and also the muffin. I love the food very much. Good Job. Then, it’s my task to bring in a slot where I have to cool down their emotion after 1 day of excitement. I have to cool down them so that they can really pay attention during Kooi Ling’s gratitude night and endless night. I have introduced them 2 songs which I love the most, My beautiful friend and Brahma of my heart. Oh yes, I managed to cool them down. And they really did touch by those songs. Yeah…finally, mission accomplished. That night is a touching night. Everyone dig their hearts out. Is a great success and it did get good feedback from participants. Great job kooi ling. Well done.
Finally, the camp ended. Phew…having a real tough time to make this a complete camp. However, it’s over and it’s done. Thanks to all the committee and adults. Not forget also, the participants.

3 comments:

Arcadianic said...

congrats for the successful DYC 08!

jQ-Gan said...

phew, finally finish reading ur post. ever thought of journalism?? lol. i did not regretted joining this camp afterall. it's a blessing to meet you all, keep in contact ya. it may be too late for me to join at lower six, but i still appreciate it... orh yea, btw, thx for ur photos for my post in my blog, kakaka. really miss the moment we all share together, so sad it ended so fast. and really thx to sis kooi ling for providing endless night... hehee... anyway, blessing all the way to u from me... gambate... and nice work u done there for DYC2008... gratz... clap clap clap...

LiMiChi said...

AH MOI, YOU ARE TAGGED!!

ngek ngek ngek...

www.limichi88.blogspot.com

do that ah~

see u next week!!!

Who is K@i ChuR....I am who I am...

My photo
Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia
幸福来自于奉献.