Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's a memorable and meaningful 2 weeks..

With Zhong Weng in formal wear
With Jubah and Scroll

Sleeping Buddha in Kelantan
Masjid Crystal in Kelantan
This doll very cute, i love it. Saw it in Jitra Mall, Kedah
Sultan Abdul Aziz Dewan
Jie and i under menara condong before we go to SMK Sultan Abdul Aziz.

I just came back to Teluk Intan after a 2 weeks trip to Pennisular of Malaysia under the NVC Programme of my college in UM. I love this two weeks. Though it's very tiring, yet it's a meaningful one.

What is NVC? NVC stands for National Varsity Counseling. It's a programme where the UM students from Za'Ba Residential College will travel to the secondary schools to give the F5 and F6 students the information on IPTA , mainly on UM courses. I am proud that i was chosen as one of the member to join this trip. This is a meaningful trip as i hope to help my juniors and yes, i did it. I am representing the Faculty of Education and worked as a runner during the trip. Being a runner is not an easy job. I have to be alert and make decision fast, it's not only a physical test for me, but also a mentally test. I have to be alert once we reach each school. This is a big challenge to me. However, i was glad that i have a group of great friends who supported me and give 100% commitment whenever I needed them.Thanks a lot, my friends.

Well, during this 2 weeks, we spent most of our time in the bus, hostel and schools. We had our first station in KPS,UM. That was a station where i faced a lot of problems. Due to the first time i hold the post as a runner, i couldn't make things well and on time. The situation is such a mess. I felt so sorry for my friends.Then, a sudden call made my mind became so stress. The central school in Kedah phoned and said that they couldn't make it. OH GOSH!! Kedah is the station where i incharge of and it's the third station. How can i find another school in such a short time? With the blessing from BUDDHA, i solved it as the JPN of Kedah phone and helped me find a central school, that is SMK Pendang. I feel blessed.

Our next station, the 2nd station is somewhere i familiar with, my hometown, TELUK INTAN. We did it in SMK SUltan Abdul Aziz. I was glad that my friends, SmallGan, JoeShen and AiLing came to support this event. Thanks a lot. And not forget, my brother, KaiQuan also,he did come to support as well. thanks a lot. After the programme, we straight away pack our things and continue our journey to Kedah. It took us alomost 6 hours to reach Kedah. We slept in the bus. This is the first time i take such a long journey bus.
In Kedah, it was a big event where there were 200 ++ students attended the programme. My faculty workshop had the most students visited. 58 students. I was shocked. I felt glad that there is still some students who wish to study in Education Faculty and become a teacher in the future. we had one day rest after that. then we continue our journey to Kelantan.
In Kelantan, we did our programme twice. One additional one which held in Sweet resort with a group of students from SMJK Zhong Hwa. this is a challenging one where the students were equiped with great knowledge on University courses and they were like testing us with those questions. I didn't like the students there. However, in the next school, SMK Putra, at least i found that i really help the students with the information i have. THey appreciate us more than the SMJK Zhong Hwa. there were some bad memories during the trip in Kelantan too. Where we had post mortem untill 3am in the morning while we had a programme at 9am the next morning. I felt that the post mortem is an unnecessary one. However, it's over. let it over..
Next station is Terrenganu. nothing special.i bought the batik that mum asked me to buy.
Then we went to Pahang. Nothing much also. proceed on to Johor. Johor is the place where we had a bad day. our bus broke down in the morning when we wanted to go to the central school. We had to take the bus from UTHM to the school and after finish our programme, we was expecting to have a great meal with the members from Lions Club. However, it disappointed me. It's not a big meal in big restaurant.but a simple malay food(again) in a tuition centre. Then we waited for our bus to repair until 6pm in the school. So pity....
Last station. MELAKA...huh! this is the station that give me a big headache. The counsellor make it a district level programme where they have their own schedule while we have our own as well. THey make my life so troublesome. However, we managed to handle the situation well and make it a success. Haha..NVC really the best and greatest. haha..we had our sharing session during the night. It's a great and warm one, we really spoke our hearts out.
Yes, finally, back to KL and back to Teluk Intan. Now busy with Fo qing.. Hope i can make it a success and become a good leader this time.

2 comments:

tomato` said...

I'm really glad u enjoyed NVC. I hope u also learnt something from it as I have did. It's just too bad I can't be there to share this with all of you.

Good luck with your fo qing. I know it will just be great XD

jQ-Gan said...

syioknya adventure 3jie. hahaha. really wish to join too. hahahaha. perhaps in the future i should register UM instead, ahahahaha.

anyway, thx for the thx. hahahaha. i will always support u. jiayou. hahahahaha.

Who is K@i ChuR....I am who I am...

My photo
Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia
幸福来自于奉献.